Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The other guys- Bar scene



I have watched this movie several times for comedic purposes but the other day it was on television and after studying production for awhile now, this particular scene caught my attention. I kept trying to figure out how they produced the slow motion effect and I have watched this several times trying to figure it out. The people are clearly in 3D and some of the objects like the gunshot and the pouring of wine are held in frame. I wonder if they froze each scene and then smoothly collided them together. Also I noticed the way they angled the camera frames. For the second cut while they are sitting on the table it looks as if the camera went up and then glided slowly down. This scene is still so unclear to me in terms of how it was produced exactly! The cinematography is incredible and use of scenes cuts and frozen action shots is creative and different. I have not seen this type of editing in any other film. Does anyone know how they could have done this particular scene? I am very curious!

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-rGQVFyjTs&feature=youtu.be so Jason T. showed me this youtube video about how they create this Freeze effect and its really cool! Its a lot of editing and it requires certain equipment and cutting tools but the outcome is awesome. I did not realize the actors actually had to hold still as much as possible so it was really interesting to see this video explaining all of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A comical scene from a comical movie. I could be wrong but I think the slow motion affect is created by individual still shots from different angles. Im sure there were some clever editing tricks such as the cork flying out of the bottle. But overall I agree what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete