Thursday, April 3, 2014

Gravity

I finally got a to see Gravity this weekend, I had put it off because, when I saw the trailer, I didn't see how the premise could possibly fill out a full feature length film.  But after all the award buzz that surrounded the movie I decided to check it out and i believe it was well worth the price of admission. After seeing it I still Believe the opening 20 minutes could easily work as a separate short film. The Directors use of the environment was brilliant. The fact that the film takes place is outer space make really brings home Sandra Bullock's ordeal. The sound design was a major component, as most people I'm sure are aware sound does not travel through space. This is depicted pretty fairly well, in the mist of panic all that is heard is the character's heart beat and heavy breathing, there are no background noises until she enters an oxygen filled space station. The effects used were stunning, the over head view of earth was breath taking, and the action scenes were explosive and epic. Truly a must see.













No comments:

Post a Comment