Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Project 2 Final Submission- I LOVE YOU

http://youtu.be/TeyxUkYMlKk

This is my final submission for project 2.

I made several changes to it since the rough cut. For color correction I changed the lighting during the texting scene in the beginning. The original cut had a almost orange yellowish color and it made her fingers look dark. I used the three way color corrector to try to match to the other clips as much as possible. So for that scene I lightened the color a bit. Another thing I changed is some of the sounds used. For example I added a knocking sound from freesound.org for the scene where Ryan is knocking on the door. I also lowered the balance of audio and played around with the levels in the scene where she is crying on her bed to take away a bit of the echo noise in the background and to lower her crying down a bit. I also changed the color in the scene where she is eating popcorn and crying watching television. I dimmed the lighting and highered the saturation to make it seem as if it was in a dark room and she was really indeed watching a film.

here is the original:

http://youtu.be/ET4B7cOTdmE


5 comments:

  1. Laura! This is so funny I loved it!! the only thing I would "critique" would be to maybe fix the exposure in color correction in the paddle ball scene, the back wall to me is a little bright. Also I would bump up the audio in the last scene when ryan is delivering the pizza and then she says "wait here's my number".
    Great film all in all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it, Laura! It had me laughing the whole time. I loved the way you edited it together. I honestly didn't think you needed to fix much because I watched your original rough cut and loved it even then. If you didn't add in the sound effects, I definitely would've mentioned to do that because it makes it much more realistic. If I had to fix something I think it would be the movie scene where she's eating the popcorn. I know you said you color corrected it, but I think it could've been lightened a bit because it makes her face look a little pink, but the way it is right now isn't bad! Overall I think it was very well directed and edited. It is definitely something I will show to my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura! I really liked this short film. It was hilarious and so relatable. I think every girl could relate to this situation. Plus the actress you picked really made the short film believable. I liked the music you chose, it went with the mood and i liked the record scratch sound effect, it made me laugh!

    But i agree with Molly, even though it was windy in the background, i would bump up the audio in Ryan's voice. But all in all it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo Laura. I'm a fan.

    I completely agree with how you've pieced this entire film together. Humorous, and effectively drives home the entire point of how easily it is for the lack of an immediate response to be misinterpreted that easily.

    The only thing I would fix? That pizza guy needed a real pizza box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great!! I loved the concept because I feel like we've all been there waiting for someone to text us back.
    However the only thing I would change, is what Ryan said, the pizza guy needed a real box.
    Other wise this was such a great concept and it had me laughing the whole time!

    ReplyDelete