Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Blog 3

One of my favorite shows I've recently started watching was Teen Wolf. It is based on the movie Teen Wolf starring Michael J Fox. A fun fact I recently learned about it is if you pay close attention you'll realize that some lines from the original movie was put into certain episodes. I was watching the second to last episode of this season for the second time the other day and noticed something weird. I'm not sure if the writers/producers wanted it to be this way or not, but it seemed too repetitive. Stiles is holding Lydia hostage, and she says "you know they are coming for you and they are going to kill you." Stiles says, "thats why I have you so close to me". They cut for a commercial break then the scene continues and they repeat the same lines, but the camera was a different angle. I haven't picked up anything like that from this show which is why it shocked me, so I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. If anyone watches the show and knows what I'm talking about maybe you can explain. I thought it would be interesting to blog about though because although it is just a television show series, I am sure they do put hard work into editing it. Another thing I thought that could've been fixed was when one of the main characters Allison died. I had watched the episode a day late so when I was watching it I already knew what to expect. One of these demons shot their arrow through Allison's body just after she killed one of the other demons. In my opinion, the writers could've came up with something a little more creative. I'll admit it was sad because she was such a great character and good actress, but with her talent, they should've challenged her a bit more and gave her a more dramatic ending to her character. Another thing I actually found out was that as Allison was dying in Scott's arms (her first love) she says I love you. The director didn't want her to say it because she had moved on from him. But she felt it was necessary to say because it was true to her character. I guess as an actress you learn and grow with your character and you get to know them. If she didn't say I love you to Scott, I think everyone would've been a bit disappointed so I think it was a great addition to the episode. Sometimes the actors know more than you would think! Overall I really have grown to love the show and expect more to come from it.

1 comment:

  1. So weird I wrote my third blog about teen wolf as well! i agree with you on Allison's exit I wasn't happy with it but I knew it was coming. Crystal was so distant from the show since after 3b started airing. I understand she went to Jeff and told him while they were filming 3A but still. Once he realized he was going to kill her character off he barely gave her a plot. Honestly he should have given her a stronger plot than just having her continue being a great hunter and having a relationship with isaac. I loved that she said she loved Scott but it makes me so sad because I wanted her and Scott to end up together in the end.

    ReplyDelete