Thursday, February 27, 2014

Shifting "Bones"


Shifting Bones

Silence is not the way I sleep.  I am the type of person who needs noise to get to sleep . . . so I always sleep with the television on.  I usually put a comedy show I know by heart on repeat, like The Big Bang Theory, or back in the day, Friends; but recently I have been watching Bones at night. 

I recently heard a newscaster mention how you can watch some shows from any point and still be entertained.  Ninety’s comedies, for example, you can watch from any point once you know the characters.  On the other hand more and more television shows are like mini movies, with evolving characters.

While re-watching Bones on Netflix yesterday I realized that it’s an interesting mix of story types.  For the most part you can watch any episode of Bones without being confused, maybe that is why it is always on in the commuter lounge.  I believe this is because of the revolving cast of secondary characters.  The lab has a changing cast of interns, and it’s genius.  Each week a different intern might be working, and it actually makes sense.  The main characters greet the interns and ask any questions that are needed to catch the audience up.  Of course, Bones has evolving characters, all with major live changing events over the almost decade of seasons. 

I am now curious if one intern’s life could be followed.  If I decided to follow the life of Dr. Edison and only episodes his character is in, would it make sense?


I think it’s possible each secondary character in Bones could be followed to give a completely different perspective of the show.  If this becomes my new project, look forward to hearing about it in my future blog. 

~Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment