Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wolf Of Wall Street

I had the DVD for the Wolf of WallStreet for ever but hadn't watched it till recently, and after all the hype over this movie i figured i should check it out.  There was a lot about this movie i loved.  First being the cinematography, this whole movie from the hairstyles, to the language and slang of the time was so on point.  I really felt like they brought you back to the time period they were trying to remake.  The performances were another thing i loved, Loe is an amazing actor and always has been, he really took this character over but still was able to bring out a little bit of his own style.  Although i do like the way this was edited i felt like the storyline seemed to drag on.  I also felt like some scenes were a little repetitive like they could have taken out one drug or sex scene.  I know they were trying to get a point across that he became a huge partier and drug addict but it started to bore me at points.  I would recommend this movie because it is based on true events and throughout the movie i had to remind myself that all those events happened, making the film much more interesting.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed 'The Wolf of Wall Street'; they did some interesting things with the cinematography-- I remember reading an article on it. They used a different lens for when Jordan was sped up on coke, to get more depth of field for sharpness of clarity, than they would if he was on a downer; and I'm pretty sure some of it was shot on film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that the movie dragged at points, I got a little over half way through it before I started to get antsy! But I was also extremely impressed with the cinematography, especially the scene where they take the extra strength quaaludes and we get to experience what it would be like through Jordan's perspective. All in all I think it was a fantastic film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that the movie did drag on an points. Black comedys aren't my style..i almost got up and left it was just too much drugs and cursing. I have to agree with the cinematography though because it was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete