Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dexter

I've been watching dexter on Netflix, not having seen any of the series as it aired. There are eight season. I am only on the third. Dexter, so far, is a show I think might become one of my favorites. It is very technical and insightful where the law and determining murder cases is concerned. However, because it is so technical, when it is not, I notice.

The first thing that I would like to point out is that Dexter is always on top of not getting caught. he uses latex gloves at ever crime scene, to make sure not to leave evidence. One thing bothers me about this. He is so cautious, even though he leaves his footprints EVERYWHERE. Having seen various real life murder cases in which a criminal or suspect was brought down because of their footprints, this really irks me. How can someone who is so careful be so lazy? I thought maybe it is just something that was too technical to bring up, even for a technical show and stopped bugging myself over it. Until one episode. One episode in which they brought down a criminal due to footprints...

The other thing that really bothers me that takes place in the show is during Dexters 'rituals', when he kills people. He puts up pictures of the victims that they have killed so that they can see why he is killing them. Only sometimes, the pictures are completely out of view to Dexters victim. It may not be that big of a deal, but if he is trying to make a point, doesn't them actually seeing the pictures have importance?

Other than those two things, the show is great and I love it. I can't wait to finish the series and see if they fix these flaws as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment